A & M Compost
2022 Mountain Rd.
Manheim, PA 17545
J.P. Mascaro & Sons is dedicated to a greener future. We operate several of the largest and most cutting-edge indoor composting facilities in the country. We compost biosolids (sludge) from municipal wastewater treatment plants and produce a rich, organic compost suitable for a wide variety of landscaping and soil enhancement applications.
Unlike our competitors, all composting is performed inside state-of-the-art buildings equipped with environmental control systems. These structures include leachate management and biological odor control systems. This process enables composting to be accomplished in a manner that minimizes any effect on our environment.
The following specifications apply to the combined operations of our plants.
- Tons per month: 22,500
- Fully permitted, state and federal
- Site area: 40 acres
- Fully insured
- Buffer zone: 500 acres
- On-site engineers
- Indoor compost area: 677,600 sq. ft.
- 100+ trucks, loaders and other material handling equipment
- Conveyors: 1,930 ft.
- On-site leachate collection, storage and treatment system
- Double decked screeners
- Storm water drainage system
- Forced air biofilters for odor control
- Groundwater monitoring wells